Steal Emma Stone's Beauty Look From the 'Gangster Squad' Premiere
I just got back from watching an early screening of Gangster Squad and guys, it was SO good. The film opens this Friday January 11th, 2013 and I have a full recap coming, but in the meantime I need to take a second to focus on Emma Stone's gorgeous hair and makeup from last night's premiere. Seriously the girl SHUT IT DOWN as Grace Faraday in the film—the vintage gowns, her retro finger waves, the chemistry between her and hottie Ryan Gosling (can you guys date already?!)—but it was this flawless beauty look that has us still swooning. Luckily for you we scored the details on how to recreate it.
Chanel Celebrity Makeup artist, Rachel Goodwin, created Emma's smoky eye and stained lip, which she described as "a very glamorous look inspired by the vivid cherry red Lanvin dress she was wearing." Goodwin said, “I played with jewel tones on the eyes and lips and kept the skin looking dewy for a modern twist. The whole look is light and playful and reminds me of the late '70s or early '80s.”
Goodwin used the following products for Emma’s red-carpet look:
- CHANEL Base Lumière Illuminating Makeup Base, $42.00
- REVLON Nearly Naked Makeup in Vanilla, $9.99
- CHANEL Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base, $48.00
- REVLON Luxurious Color Eyeliner in Sueded Brown, $9.99
- REVLON PhotoReady Primer + Shadow in Pop Art (emerald green shade was used wet as a liner and dry as the shadow), $9.99
- CHANEL Le Volume De Chanel Mascara in Noir, $30.00
- CHANEL Sculpting Eye Brow Pencil in Brun Natural, $29.00
Lips & Nails
- REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous, $8.99
- Revlon ColorStay Nail in Enamel in Seashell from The S/S ’13 Collection by Gucci Westman, $7.99 or CHANEL Le Vernis Nail Colour in Ballerina, $27.00
And here's how celebrity stylist Mara Roszak created her clean cut 'do:
- Wash the hair with Sebastian Professional Trilliance Shampoo and Conditioner and apply Clairol Professional Volume Mousse to the lengths of towel-dried hair.
- Blow-dry the hair with a round brush. Once dried, use Velcro rollers all over to add movement and volume to the hair.
- Let the Velcro rollers sit for a few minutes and pull them out. Gently brush the hair, making sure to maintain the bend at the ends.
- Rub a drop of Sebastian Professional Liquid Gloss in palms and apply to hair to tame flyaways and add a luxurious shine.
- Finish with Sebastian Professional Shaper Hairspray to keep the hair in place.
What do you think of Emma's look? Will you see Gangster Squad? Leave a comment below!