Winter Style Guide: 5 Secrets for Dressing Like a Star at Sundance
The Sundance Film Festival is where hot celebs bundle up in cute parkers and fur-lined boots to brave cold temps and party like rock stars. Oh, and there's a lot of movie watching and film talk as well, but back to the fashion... Celebrity stylist Lauren Rae Levy was on location throughout the week and picked up a few pointers on how to kill it on the stylish streets of Park City, Utah—take notes.
- Less is more! Sundance is all about having that effortlessly cool look from your clothing to your makeup.
- Invest in puffers, fur (real or faux) & capes. Outerwear is everything in cold Park City. The most chic coats on the streets were fitted/belted puffers, gorgeous capes with fun trimmings, and real/faux furs. From day time to evening, these fab outerwear styles were dominating the the streets. I love Allegri and Dawn Levy for coats!
- Rock hats, scarves & shades. Whether the intention is to keep warm or incognito, the accessories of choice at Sundance were hats, scarves & fab sunglasses. For hats, it was all about slouchy beanies or large brims. For scarves, the cozier the fabric the better. As for sunnies, in the past it was all about the bigger the better, but this year it was refreshing to see some fun creative shapes and smaller frames.
- It's all about boots. You can always count on a fab pair of boots to be your best friend at Sundance. As there is always snow/ice to be cautious of, it’s best to leave fancy boots with heels at home and bring amazing flats and perhaps one strong stacked heel. Sorel boots are a personal fave of mine for daytime.
- Layer up! The more layers you wear, the warmer you'll be and the cooler you'll look! This trend was big for both men and women at Sundance. Vests, cardigans, and layered tees/flannels are always Sundance safety items! (Lauren snapped a pic with AnnaLynne McCord at one of the parties—how cute do they look?!)
Who do you think looked the best at Sundance? Leave a comment or tweet us @OKMagazine!