Kanye West & Russell Simmons Check Out Occupy Wall Street
Russell Simmons and Kanye West met up with Rev. Al Sharpton at the Occupy Wall Street protests in NYC on Tuesday to see what all the hubbub is about. After the twosome made their visit, Russell tweeted of the experience: “I just walked @kanyewest thru the #occupywallstreet. I love how sweet and tolerant he was to the crowd.”
Celebrities and normal people alike have been flocking to the protests, which are now going on in multiple cities around the country.
Citizens have been sleeping and camping out at Wall Street to bring attention to various issues, from problems with big banks, to the fact that those getting rich on Wall Street are about 1 percent of the population, which has created the battle cry, "We are the other 99 percent."